Maggie: Getting Fit Slowly
Ever since crossing into the teenage years, I have dreamt of being the skinny girl. This lead me to pretty extreme paths to achieve it. I always had an “all” or “nothing” attitude when it came to fitness. I would either run a marathon or not exercise at all; eat 600 calories a day or go all out, etc. My weight has ranged from 85 to 145 pounds! I have always had an unhealthy relationship with food and weight, and I decided that it is time for that to change.
Despite all of my efforts to lose weight, I am still at my set point weight: 135 pounds at 5 5. Though I know this isn’t fat, I know I could do better, especially in terms of fitness. My goal isn’t necessarily to lose weight, but it is to exercise regularly, develop healthy eating habits for life, and have a healthy relationship with food.
I am writing this blog because I want to slowly get into the habit of eating in a healthy and intuitive way, and learn to love exercise again. I also want to share exercise videos I find and many yummy foods I make/find.
Let the journey to fitness begin!
- I am originally from Russia
- I am sophomore at UNC-Chapel Hill
- I used to run varsity cross country in HS
- I have run two half-marathons and one marathon. All in my senior year of high school/freshman year of college.
- I am very much in love with my boyfriend, who goes to school in Dallas, TX and is currently backpacking through Europe!
- I am Business & Psychology Major, and a French Minor.
- I work at as a legal assistant part time Job
- I have lived in Argentina & Brazil